Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Latest Additions: A Current Project

Those of you who take a look at the blog on a fairly regular basis will have come across a number of references in previous posts to the work of David Marshall, one half of the partnership that is otherwise known as TM Terrain

Dave is currently working on a small project for me, in point of fact it's pretty much completed, and I thought I'd like to share with you the pictures he recently emailed to me. I'm not going to tell you what it's all about just now. I have a funny feeling I may have mentioned it already in a previous post but, even if I haven't, I'm going to leave you in the dark for the time being

When finished, the terrain you see in the pictures below, along with a number of toy soldier figures, will be placed inside a custom made display case and placed on a table or desk top




Could be any street corner in Europe, at any point time in the not too distant past. Or could it?
Well, I can tell you it is most definitely intended to represent a very particular street corner, at a very particular point in time. Those of you who are aware of my main collecting interest, and/or have more than a passing acquaintance with the history of the Second world War, might be able to recognise the real world inspiration behind this commission. If you're still none the wiser, all will be revealed in due course

To see more of Dave's work, pop along to the TMT website, or visit their blog, or take a look at the latest edition of TSC

No comments: