Pages

Monday 26 March 2012

Latest Additions

The latest batch of figures from across the pond in Canada arrived safe and sound a few days ago, and here they are

First up is the recently retired machine gun set from K&C's late period WW1 series. This will go very nicely with the Thomas Gunn flamethrower figure I bought recently and I'll be taking receipt of a few more K&C storm troopers very soon







From WW1 to WW2 and the following two figure sets have also recently been retired by K&C. The first consists of a two man flame thrower team and the second shows a trio of troops, led by a nervous looking NCO, gingerly edging their way closer to the action. Well, that's what they look like to me!







The base on this figure is unusually thin. You can probably just about get an idea of that from the photo. The upshot is that it doesn't allow the figure to stand particularly steadily. I don't know whether this is a design fault or something which affects the odd figure only. Nothing serious enough to warrant sending it all the way back to Canada but it is a little disappointing



Last, but by no means least, is the final piece I've been after for my Michael Wittmann diorama which comes in the form of the cute little VW Beetle with its wood-gas powered engine and typical three colour camo scheme, perfect for the Normandy summer!







In the diorama, this vehicle is going to act as the press car carrying the SS photographer and movie cameraman to and from the scene of the famous photoshoot. I'll be picking the finished diorama up next week and can hardly wait to get it home and put it all together. I'll post a whole series of photos up on the blog as soon as I can after that so watch this space

Until next time, happy hunting!

No comments: