Pages

Monday 16 May 2011

If you like your toy soldiers glossy; the sequel!

Well, toy soldier lovers, subsequent to my post yesterday I have some more news regarding the availability of Beau Geste figure sets in the UK, and those produced under other brand names by the same manufacturer, namely Four Feathers Toy Soldiers, South Lands Miniatures, Laura Cuello Miniatures and Honour Bound

I sent an email to Martin Ainscough last night and received a reply almost immediately. I have sought Martin's permission and he is perfectly happy for me to post his reply on the blog, so here goes:

Hi David,

Thank you for your email and for the publicity on your Blog of my arrangement with Beau Geste Toy Soldiers. At the moment I have limited stock across the whole of the Beau Geste range together with sets/figures from the other companies that are part of the Beau Geste family.

I have attached a copy of the first edition of my newsletter which I have sent to known Beau Geste collectors here in the UK for your information which I hope explains were I am at the moment with regard to stock and the situation with regard to taking orders and payment etc.

With regard to whether I will be attending the Birmingham Toy Soldier show in October it is a bit too early to say at the moment, but I do hope to be able to attend some shows during the year if at all possible.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you and other readers of your Blog in acquiring some of these excellent toy soldiers which are all hand made and painted in Argentina . For a complete list of all the sets that I have currently in stock please visit www.beau-geste.com and follow the link to Beau Geste UK were you will find a current illustrated complete listing across the various ranges.[ed]

Kind Regards

Martin

My thanks to Martin for the information, and for the very swift reply, and for the newsletter, which looks like this:

I must say, that Prussian military band looks rather handsome! As Martin himself says, he will also be stocking limited sets from the other companies in the 'Beau Geste family', and the best way to find out exactly what he has is to visit the BG website and click on the UK link for a complete listing

Hopefully, Martin will be persuaded to attend the Birmingham Toy Soldier show and I, along with many others, will be able to see some of these beauties in the flesh. A thrilling prospect, indeed!

No comments: