Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Midlands DBA Championship

For the past few years, The Alvechurch Templars Wargames Club, of which I am proud to count myself a member, has played host to the Midlands DBA Championship

This year's competition was held two weekends ago on Sunday 8th May at the social club in the centre of the village, the venue for the club's weekly Monday gatherings. Unfortunately, I was unable to take part due to family commitments, however, I am reliably informed that the event went very smoothly and was well attended by players from various parts of the country, one of whom was Phil Steele who is currently President of the Society of Ancients

Phil took part in the competition and presented the prizes as well as finding time to take a few snapshots of some of the competitors and their armies. He has since written a review of the event for one of his blogs and I have taken the liberty of including a small part of it here



Midlands Open DBA

This was my first visit to the Midlands Open. I had heard it was good - popular and well attended. I can see why. A very nice venue. Good organisation, and a substantial buffet lunch (all in the entry fee). A bar downstairs, and free coffee/tea and cake all day



The Midlands Open, as it says on the tin, is an open competition, though Book 4 is excluded. I understand this is mostly because it avoids the distortion of the Bk 4 Knightly armies where some can dismount (and the inequalities that can throw up). Otherwise, pick what you like and pay the penalties later




Some of the armies battling it out for first prize.....
.....and finally, but by no means least, the winner and the runners-up
Congratulations, one and all, on another successful competition. Hopefully, I will be able to cross swords with you again myself very soon. More photos and details about the event are available on Phil's SOA blog

No comments: