Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2010

M02 Cacique Plastic Skull Mask

I don't know about you, but I've been through a whole heap of eye, face and full face protection options in my [still relatively brief] time in airsoft, most of which I still have and, on occasion, still use. Call me morbid, but I find something quite appealing about the idea of rocking around the skirmish field looking like a skeleton. Once upon a time I very nearly forked out on one of those 'Army of Two' full face skeleton masks but decided not to in the end because they didn't really work that well in conjunction with a helmet or a communications setup

This mask was given a very brief write up in the last but one edition of Airsoft International and they seemed to rate it quite highly. According to the sales information it works with most, if not all, of the helmets currently in vogue and appears to allow for the use of communications headsets, too. Spectacle wearers are advised to make use of foam inserts for added comfort, but according to AI it is generally quite easy to wear

I must say, I love the look of it, especially the 'Skeleton' coloured version, and would be interested to hear from anyone who has any direct experience of the mask in operation

The skull mask in silver black. I have one or two concerns about the gap in the teeth, the nose holes and, almost inevitably, the mesh

The rear of the mask showing how it fixes to your head!

The mask is available in four colours. My personal favourite being Numero Uno!

No comments: