Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

DID: WW1 Stormtrooper

As some of you will know, I've recently started a small collection of late First World War German assault troops, or stormtroopers. So far the collection extends to a handful of K&C figures, a handful of TGM figures and a single vehicle by JJD. I may be adding a few Britains figures as well but I haven't made a final decision about that just yet

I was in a well known newsagents shop the other day, leafing through the pages of an equally well known publication read by collectors of toy and model soldiers, when I came across a review of an interesting 1/6th scale action figure by DID, or to give them their full title Dragon in Dreams

It's by no means the only WW1 figure currently being produced in this scale but I was drawn to it because it represents a grenadier from the 6th Sturmbataillon, or Assault Battalion. My favourite 60mm figure, currently assuming pride of place at the front of the assault in my WW1 diorama, just so happens to be the K&C grenadier pictured below. Suffice to say, I am extremely tempted to buy one

DID figures don't come cheap. It will cost me close on £100, factoring in postage and a stand to help prop him up in the display cabinet, but I reckon it'll be worth it. Take a look at the images a little further down and see if you agree with me



















I'll be sure to keep you posted. Happy hunting!

No comments: