Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Airsoft News: Magpul 'Pulling Out'




My first post for August and I'm afraid it's a bit of a downer

I took a trip down to my local site on Friday to chuck in a couple of guns I'm looking to sell and have a look at one or two other shiny things I'm thinking of buying, only to be met with the surprising 'news' [to me at least] that Magpul have pulled the plug on their official licensing agreement with PTS

The upshot of this, according to the site owner, is that officially licensed and branded Magpul products made specifically for the airsoft market have been discontinued and will no longer be available in the future. So, once UK stockists have run out of product, that's it. You won't be able to get hold of any more

When I got home, I looked up what I could find on the web and sure enough, there's quite a lot of discussion about it on various forums and, just in case you are reading or hearing about this for the first time, I have included one or two links to said discussions below

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/16980-magpul-pts-full-product-line-to-be-discontinued/

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/210433-pts-closing-down/




Much is being made of the fact that there we are still awaiting 'official' confirmation of this from either PTS or Magpul. I guess, only time will tell but I for one will be very disappointed if it turns out to be true. Watch this space, and if you're currently in the market for some PTS Magpul gear then you may well have to get your skates on. Happy hunting!

No comments: